What is the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity?
Tulsa drivers love their pickup trucks and expect them to be able to handle any job. Tough trucks must be reliable and capable, and the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity is near the top of its class. The 2021 Chevy Silverado towing capacity for the 1500 model is a maximum of 13,300 pounds. Plus, the Silverado 1500 payload is up to 2,280 pounds!
The Silverado 1500 includes a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame and a system of extraordinary towing features that make it one of the most rugged light-duty pickup trucks on Broken Arrow streets. Learn more about the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and features here, and contact Jim Glover Chevrolet to go for a test drive.
Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity Per Engine
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and performance are due to its three available powerful engines. If strong engine performance is one of your top priorities when choosing a new pickup truck to drive around Owasso, check out these Chevy Silverado engine specs:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: The standard engine for the 1500 delivers 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque with a towing capacity of 7,900 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This engine offers 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque and gives the Silverado a towing capacity of up to 9,600 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: With this available engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 gets 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is up to 11,500 pounds with the Max Trailering Package. (Note: the same engine with active fuel management hauls up to 10,000 pounds).
- 6.2L V8 Engine: With this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow up to 13,300 pounds (on the RST trim). Additionally, this V8 generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: With the available diesel powertrain, Bixby drivers get a maximum towing capacity of 9,500 pounds. You’ll also enjoy 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
Silverado Towing Features
The Chevy Silverado 1500 is ideal for the most challenging jobs around %%di_cit%%, so of course it has plenty of features to make towing and hauling easier. These are the highlights:
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Upgrade to the extended view towing mirrors for even safer towing.
- Trailering Package: This package is standard for the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 and provides a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select Silverado trims, this package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and much more.
Test Drive a 2021 Chevy Silverado at Jim Glover Chevrolet
Now that you know more about the Chevy Silverado engine specs and Silverado 1500 payload, you’re probably eager to experience the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in person! If so, visit Jim Glover Chevrolet today! Our team will demonstrate its performance features, interior amenities and take you on a test drive around Tulsa. Check out our new vehicle specials and apply for financing online before visiting the dealership. Contact us today.
More from Jim Glover Chevrolet
Broken Arrow customers looking for a one-of-kind SUV that can accommodate more passengers and deliver top features will love the new 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe interior. Whether you’re new or familiar with this impressive Chevy crossover, you can enjoy expanded seating and cargo room, plus amenities to transform your commute. Learn more about the 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe…
Broken Arrow drivers looking for an SUV that has plenty of strength for tough tasks and any weekend adventure will love the impressive 2021 Chevy Traverse towing capacity. With a maximum towing performance of 5,000 pounds with the available trailer package and excellent engineering, your next job is no match for this Chevy SUV. Learn more…
New Silverado 1500Contact Us Tulsa drivers love their pickup trucks and expect them to be able to handle any job. Tough trucks must be reliable and capable, and the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity is near the top of its class. The 2021 Chevy Silverado towing capacity for the 1500 model is a maximum…