What is the 2020 Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity?
The Chevy Silverado 1500 is known as one of the most impressive pickups on the market, but how does it compare to previous generations? The 2020 Chevy Silverado towing capacity is the strongest model yet with a maximum of 13,400 pounds! Plus, the Silverado 1500 payload reaches up to 2,543 pounds with its hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame and ultra-tough engineering. Find out how the Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches soaring heights with Jim Glover Chevrolet!
Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity by Engine
The Silverado 1500 towing capacity starts with your choice of five different powerhouse engines. Whether you choose the turbo-diesel of V8, you’ll experience incredible strength and handing during your Broken Arrow drives:
2.7L Turbo Engine
- 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque
- 7,000-pound towing capacity
4.3L V6 Engine
- 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque
- 7,900-pound towing capacity
- Best-in-Class Torque for V6 Light-Duty Trucks
5.3L V8 Engine
- 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque
- 11,600-pound towing capacity
6.2L V8 Engine
- 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque
- 13,400-pound towing capacity
3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel
- 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque
- 9,400-pound towing capacity
Chevy Silverado Towing Features
Not only does the Silverado boast impressive towing chops, but Chevy’s impressive technology creates a smooth and controlled ride – even in harsh conditions! Whether hauling heavy gear through Bixby or tackling tough terrain in Owasso, these towing features will keep you safe and secure through anything you encounter:
- Transparent Trailer: This feature acts like a second set of eyes on the road with fifteen different camera views and an additional tailgate-mounted camera to help you monitor your cargo with care.
- Trailering Package:Take control of any towing job with features like a trailering hitch platform, a 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, automatic locking rear differential, and l7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Max Trailering Package: Upgrade to this option to unlock improved shock tuning, upgraded rear suspension, and the features available with the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package.
- Tow Mirrors: Add this accessory to boost your safety and see every inch of your trailer with perfect clarity. See our parts department to explore your options!
Experience the New Silverado at Jim Glover Chevrolet
You’ve read all about the Silverado 1500 towing capacity, now check out the Special Editions available for the Silverado that’s just right for you at Jim Glover Chevrolet! Looking for even more power? Check out the new Chevy Silverado 1500 HD towing capacity! Contact us with any questions or start shopping from home with our online JG Fast Pass option.
More from Jim Glover Chevrolet
A new Chevy sedan can make all the difference on your Broken Arrow travels, and you’re sure to find the perfect fit among the new 2022 Chevy Malibu trim levels. So, how much does a Chevy Malibu cost? This ultimately depends on which configuration suits you best, but you can expect competitive pricing along with…
The 2022 Chevrolet Equinox levels offer four well-priced trims that are ready to occupy the driveways of Broken Arrow and Owasso. Versatile and full of appointments, it’s no wonder that the 2022 Chevy Equinox trims are popular. Learn more about the pricing and features you can enjoy with the latest Equinox release with the associates…
What colors does the Chevy Trax come in? Whether you’re interested in a sleek grey Chevy Trax or would prefer a bold color, you can find something that reflects your personality in the 2022 Chevy Trax color options. Find out more about the 2022 Chevy Trax colors below, and then enjoy mixing and matching…